All about CS Professional
CS Professional is the final stage of examination to clear in becoming a CS; Company Secretary. To reach the final level which is the CS Professional a candidate needs to pass the first two levels of examination which are the CS Foundation and the CS Executive Programme. On completion of each level of examination a candidate is issued with certification. The examination of CS Professional is conducted twice in a year which is June and December by The Institute of Company Secretaries India (ICSI).
The syllabus for the CS Professional Exam is divided into three modules and a set of eight elective papers in which one needs to be attempted. Each paper is for a duration of three hours with each paper being a total of 100 marks.
- Government, Risk Management, Compliances and Ethics
- Advanced Tax Laws
- Drafting, Pleading and Appearances
- Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence
- Corporate Restructuring, Insolvency, Liquidation and Winding up
- Resolution of Corporate Disputes, Non-Compliances and Remedies
- Corporate Funding and Listings in Stock Exchanges
- Multidisciplinary Case Studies
ELECTIVE PAPERS (one out of the eight given below)
- Banking Law and Practice
- Insurance- Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights- Law and Practice
- Forensic Audit
- Direct Tax Law and Practice
- Labour Laws and Practice
- Valuations and Business Modelling
- Insolvency- Law and Practice
A candidate is declared pass in the Foundation/Executive/Professional Programme when the candidate secures a minimum of 40% in each paper and 50% aggregate marks in all papers.
The fees for the CS Professional Programme is divided as follows
- The registration fee= Rs.1500
- The exemption from The Foundation examination fee= Rs.500
- The exemption from The Executive examination fee= Rs.500
- Tuition fee= Rs.9500
- Professional Programme Per Module Examination= Rs. 750
After the completion of The Executive Programme the candidate is supposed to complete the following training programmes
- EDP – A Total of 8 days of Executive Development Programme(EDP) have to be completed by the student after the Executive Programme and before the commencement of 15 months training period.
- 15 months of Management Training including PDP – After passing the executive programme a candidate is required to do a professional practice under a CS or a company for a period of 15 months. This training includes 25 hours of Professional Development Programme(PDP) as well.
- Compulsory Computer Training and SIP – Within 6 months of registering for The Executive Programme, a candidate needs to complete a 7 day Student Induction Programme(SIP). Students also have to complete a 70-hour computer training programme which is mandatory to enroll for the Executive Programme.
- 15 Days specialized training – Candidates are required to take a specialized training from a specialized agency such as stock exchange, financial or banking institution, a management consulting firm or The Office of Registrar of Companies (ROC). This training is undertaken after the completion of the Professional Programme examination and on completion of SIP, EDP and 15 months of training programme.
- MSOP – After the completion of the 15 month training and The Professional Programme examination the candidate has to complete the Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP).