CA Articleship Registration
Every student, who dreams of becoming a Chartered Accountant, has to complete CA articleship for a period of 3 years. This is where he starts applying the knowledge that he has learned before and during IPCC. This unique training helps to shape a well rounded professional and provides exposure to the socio-economic environment in which an organization operates.
Students who have completed either both groups or group 1 in IPCC can register themselves for CA articleship. Before registering for articleship, they should mandatorily complete ITT and Orientation Course.
ICAI has provided a platform to bring together the students looking for an office and the firms that want to recruit articles.
Link for the same is provided below:
The period of CA articleship is 3 years in which one has to complete 2 years compulsorily. After 2 years, the student has an option to continue articleship or go for industrial training during the last year.
ICAI articleship registration online
- After joining in an audit firm, the student should register articleship with the institute in Forms 102 and 103.
- Registration in SSP
- Go to http://icai.org/
- Click on the link “Self Service Portal” where you will be redirected to SSP.
- Click on existing students who don’t have login and register.
- Fees for Articleship Registration
- In case the student did not pay the fees while registering for IPCC, additional amount of Rs. 2000/- should be paid while submitting Form 103.
- Update ITT and Orientation certificates
- Go to the student cycle.
- Select other forms in the side menu.
- Select profile edit form.
- Select update training details, enter the details of the certificate and upload the certificate.
- Validate the details by entering the OTP
- In case of direct entry students, they should enter their graduation details in the above said manner.
- Fill Form 102
- Select articleship details in the menu on the left side.
- Click on articleship deed form, Form 102
- Enter all the details required in the form.
- Submit the form; take a print of it on a non judicial stamp paper; sign and execute the form wherever required.
- The form is available to be edited later in the submitted/pending applications tab.
*The date of commencement of articleship and the date of deed should be the same.
- In case the student is pursuing other courses along with CA, fill Form 112.
- Fill Form 103
- In case of any change in the auto populated details in Form 103, go to profile update and change the details.
- Submit the form.
- Get the form approved by the principal, download it, sign and upload the scanned copy of Forms 102 & 103. (Max Size 1MB, JPEG and PDF)
- Form 103 should be submitted to ICAI within 30days of commencement of articles.
- In case, the student is not able to submit Form 103 within 30 days, the Form should be accompanied by a handwritten application stating the reason for untimely submission of the form. The application should be duly signed by the article assistant and the principal referred to as a Condonation of Delay.
- Besides the application, one has to submit the late submission fee which is as follows
|Time of Postponement||Late Fees(Rs.)|
|30 days beyond the specified time period||100/-|
|31-180 days beyond the specified time period||300/-|
|Beyond 181 days||1000/-|
- Once candidate submit the application for “Condonation of Delay”, ICAI will accept the form without any inquiry but in some doubtful cases, it may ask for the following documents –
- Articles attendance sheet.
- Original Deed of Article i.e. Form 102 which is executed on a Non- Judicial Stamp Paper.
- ICAI may also ask for the certified copy of the work diary of the articled assistant.
- Stipend details with some proof such as Bank Pass Book or Bank Statement.
- To check the status of the application, go to submitted/pending applications.