All about ACCA
ACCA : Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
ACCA was founded in 1904 to which is a global professional body accounting offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification.
ACCA’s headquarters are in London with public administrative office being in Glasgow.
An individual with ACCA qualification can earn an average salary of up to INR 8 lac p.a. The pay scale generally ranges between INR 4 lac p.a. To INR 15 lac p.a.
The eligibility criteria to pursue ACCA is:
- The candidates must be at least 18 years of age, and must complete 10+2 as a minimum required qualification.
- A minimum of 65% is required in Accounts or Mathematics and English, in grade 12 exams.
- Students should have scored 50% in their other subjects.
- The Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an internationally recognized accountancy body.
- It is relevant in every country as it is considered one of the most reputed qualifications in accountancy.
- ACCA is a high level professional qualification and is equivalent to completing a full university degree, and it is IFAC compliant based on international accounting and auditing standards.
- The ACCA course can be pursued either parallely with the student’s graduation (B.Com, BBA, etc.) or it can be embedded within the graduation course itself.
- ACCA also has an incredibly flexible examination scheme which makes it more desirable and attractive for students that are pursuing their graduation, or have even completed their graduation.
- It involves 13 compulsory papers which need to be completed within a maximum time duration of 7 years.
- The ACCA qualification covers all areas of business, from financial statements, management accounting, business taxation & law to audit and also business ethics – it is an all in one qualification.
- The ACCA’s curriculum is globally relevant and also industry relevant which makes it a great platform for students to build their career in accounts and finance.
- As an ACCA qualified chartered account, students come trained for senior management positions, and can reach top positions like Chief Financial Officer (CFO) very easily.
- With 4-4.5 lakhs salary as ACCA fresher, you have ample opportunities to grow.
- With over 18 job profiles available, and under those, several positions available, ACCA makes sure that the candidates are left with ample job opportunities in future.
Depends on your level of qualification, for some it may take only 1 year, and for others it takes 2 to 3 years. It varies from person to person, and their ability to crack the ACCA exams.
The 13 courses and exams of ACCA are divided into three levels: